Friday, April 6, 2007

Finally - I decided on colors


Here is the progress I have made on my first glove. This is an exceptionally well written pattern. It's wonderful Karen!! Thanks so much!

My DH worked on taxes all day - it gave me a great excuse to stay out of the way - and knit - a very nice day!

I finally chose dk brown Opal as my solid, and a Socks That Rock "Coublestone County" as my multi colorway. It may be lacking in color contrast, but I like it very much. I think the pattern shows well enough, yet it is somewhat subtle - very much "me".

I was a little concerned with the difference in the weight of the two yarns. When I knit with both hands, the yarn held in my left hand has a looser tension. I chose to keep the Opal in my left hand, so that the stitches are not "eaten up" by the heavier STR yarns. Hope that makes sense.

It fits just perfectly so far, too! I really could not be happier with this project (so far!). I am envisioning lots of gloves under the Christmas tree this year.....

Kathy in Iowa

4 comments:

Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Kathy, they are BEAUTIFUL...and WOW, GREAT progress, too! : )

Yep, I'm thinking Christmas presents using this pattern, too.

Cheryl said...

I love the contrast, nice job

knitster said...

I love this one too, I cant wait to see everyone's when they get started. I agree the pattern is great to work from and I am seeing myself with lots of pair of gloves this next winter.

Abby

Knit'inCrazee.... said...

Oh they are "Gorgeous"... Thanks for sharing! I only hope mine are as nice as yours...