Saturday, April 7, 2007

Fitting problems....

Considering a big frogging party here today. As I am working the little finger, I just think they are going to be too snug. How much "ease" should they have? The cuff is snug, but not too tight (I actually liked the fit quite well) - but I think the "hand meets fingers" area is just not going to work out.

I am using 2.00mm needles, and my gauge was originally right on - but may have decreased with all the stranding. I am usually a tight knitter - but since my hands/wrists are relatively small - I thought it was going to be OK.

My question at this point - I wonder if I go up to a 2.25 if the cuff area will be too large. Karen, how much "roominess" would you recommend? Anyone else have any thoughts or fitting issues they are experiencing??

I will not be devastated if I start over -- all is good!

Kathy in Iowa

1 comment:

Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Kathy, I haven't gotten to the fingers yet. I didn't get very much time to knit on my glove yesterday, but I plan on making up for that today.

I'll let you know when I get to the fingers what my fit is like. So far, everything is good.