Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Still not sure

What I purchased is Cherry Tree Hill 420 yds/4 oz. hank 100% superwash merino fingering weight. (This one I think I have enough of.)
The other is Louet Gems Superfine/Fingering weight 50 gram skein/185 yards. This is the one I am questioning. Is this enough for both mittens or just one?

I think I will go wind the Cherry Tree Hill. So much to get done before my unexpected trip out of state. When I return I will be driving 200 miles a day for three of four or five days to take care of mom.

2 comments:

Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Ang, the minimum of 175 yards should do both gloves. But, it is the minimum recommended yardage, so having 185 yards is cutting it pretty close if you go over the minimum recommendation in your knitting.

Personally, I always like to have more than enough....just in case I run short with my knitting method. You might want to make sure the yarn store has another skein in the same dyelot on hand, just in case you find out you need to run and get it later.

Karen may have a better answer. If it were me, I think I'd buy an extra skein of the Louet Gems and if it isn't needed, you could use it in another project or return it to the yarn shop if still in excellent condition.

Good Luck,

Shelly

A. M. Warnke said...

Thanks Shelly that is what I was thinking as well. I have a great sock patern for using up scraps from the SixSoxKAL a little while back called Color Blox or is it Color Blocks. It was fun and more colors next time I make them is what I am hoping for. I made them for me, as I figgured no one would want them only my 11 year old had other ideas and claimed them as his as soon as I finished the second one.