Monday, April 2, 2007

Colorways


Abby, your progress is amazing! Don't let these painted ladies get you in trouble at work, though.


For those of you who are still selecting yarns, I thought I would share my most recent glove. I used Lorna's Laces for the multi hued hand dye and Koigu for the pattern color. I seem to like pair up a really light weight sock yarn with the heftier Koigu merino. This glove has a shorter cuff than the first pair (just start the thumb gusset sooner). I was very worried about the dark colors together, but I think they worked pretty well, don't you?


Karen


4 comments:

knitster said...

Karen: love the colors, love the turquoise, one of my fav colors. I am retiring in 3 years not much they can do to me now.

I still dont think my colors pop the pattern into a wow, but my next pair i will experiment with colors better.

Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Karen, thanks for posting this picture. It really helps.

So, it's OK to use two yarns that aren't exactly equal in fingering weight thickness? I was concerned that this might interfere with gauge or the pattern somehow. If not, that makes my choice a bit easier.

Kathy... said...

I also was worrying about staying with the same thickness of yarns. These are absolutely gorgeous, by the way!! Love these even more than the purple ones!

Thanks for sharing
Kathy in Iowa

TutleyMutley said...

Everyone raves about Koigu - can see why now. I think the dark colours complement each other beautifully.