Friday, April 20, 2007

Finger Motifs

Abby has asked if I would be willing to share my graphs for the motifs I used on my fingers. I really wish I could, but for most of them, I just did out of my head at the time - and did not write anything down. There were a few that I took from this book, "1000 Great Knitting Motifs" by Luise Roberts. The book gets mixed reviews, but I personally have used it several times and have found it to be very helpful. From this book, I found the motifs that I rotated so that the center would be at the outside edge of the index fingers. I am not sure if I would do that again, however. I also considered putting my initials and "2007" somewhere on the fingers. Still think that would be a cool idea - perhaps on the pinky finger??

Thanks to everyone for their complimentary comments left on my "finished" post. I have a couple other projects that I want to do first, but will eventually make more pairs from this pattern. In the meantime, I will be watching all of your progress - and enjoying the photos.

Kathy in Iowa
http://nuttinbutknittin.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Kathy, I love your idea of your initials and the year as one of the finger motifs.

I haven't cast on glove #2 yet. I'm doing some quick guild knitting of infant hats, then I'll be back to glove knitting.