Saturday, April 21, 2007

I've started


Thanks to a lot of help from Cindy (thanks very much Cindy), I've now received my pattern and started knitting Thursday morning. I didn't get much done on Thursday, just the first row of small snowflakes. I was busy in the shop - annoyingly customers kept coming in and disturbing my knitting time. As these gloves are a work project (I have some projects I knit at work and some I knit at home so I don't have to carry lot's of bags around.) I didn't work on them at all on Thursday evening. When I looked at them yesterday morning I was having trouble seeing the pattern and realised I had actually knitted two rows in the wrong place. Frogged back to the start of the snowflakes and began again.
I was only going to do a couple of hours yesterday but couldn't put the glove down. I am up to round 7 of large snowflake. I'm hoping to at least finish one or two fingers today. I am knitting the gloves in Sirdar Country Style 4 ply (grey) and Louisa Harding Kimono Angora. The Kimono Angora is actually a lightweight dk but it's so fine it's perfect for these gloves and it is lovely to knit with. I am using 2.25mm needles.

Angie

2 comments:

TutleyMutley said...

Angi - Our patterns must have arrived at the same time! I've had to tink a couple of times too - I've wanted to do just one more row before bed, when really I've been too tired and missed a couple of rows by not seeing straight! Yours are looking beautiful - and I'll bet they're really soft to touch.

Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Angie, your glove is beautiful and you're making great progress.