Saturday, January 10, 2009

I was back moving forward and stuck again

I am back moving forward and stuck again. I am so brain dead, I am wondering why I ever thought I could knit these. ... I was farther than this when I frogged the first time. Yet that is before dad died, I had to bury him, make decisions for my mom, then she died, now I just have to finish cleaning their house out from 100miles away, get it sold and be trustee for the next 24 years, should the good Lord tarry that long.

As I was tinking back I kept saying this is so familiar, why can't I find it in the chart. So tonight when I picked it up again I said why not check the other chart dumby. Since I had only tink about 1 3/4 rows I checked the chart there and sure enough I found where I was. Woo Hoo! So I knit up though row 8 the second time though chart A. Now it is time to start the thumbs, fine. I see the directions for one thumb. I an missing where it says to make increases for the second thumb. Since I am a two at a time magic looper, I have to know how to do both before I can start row 9. maybe sleeping on it another night I will know what I am doing again when I pick it up again. I pray that is the case. Good night! =-)

4 comments:

Michaela said...

Great and sincere sympathies to you - how awful to lose both parents and to have to cope with life without them.

As to the glove problem, the very best of luck to you. I finished my gloves ages ago, have looked back at the pattern and wondered how I ever knit them! I do wear them a lot though, so hopefully when they're done yours will get similar usage. Just a thought, but I put on the initials of my husband and children on the ring finger of the left glove. Maybe you could put your parents' initals on?

knitster said...

OMG Hugs and Prayers to you Ang, wow that is a lot to handle. Put these gloves down and knit something simple. Then come back when you can concentrate on them. Keeping you in my prayers

Cathy said...

WoW!!!
Ang, i had no idea you were going through the mess with the loss of both parents. You have my sympathy
but you will make it through
find something simple to knit till you can pick the gloves up again

Cathy said...

WoW!!!
Ang, i had no idea you were going through the mess with the loss of both parents. You have my sympathy
but you will make it through
find something simple to knit till you can pick the gloves up again