Wednesday, January 9, 2008

moving right along

Hi all -- I cast on my first glove last weekend and by Sunday evening was nearly to the big snowflake on the back of the hand.



I tried the described cast-ons, but those weren't working for me and I didn't feel like fiddling with it anymore, so I just did a single-color long tail cast-on and then added the second color when I did the braid beginning on the second row. I've been working a lot this week, so I haven't had much knitting time, but I expect to finish the snowflake/striped palm section this evening. Every member of my family had expressions like "Wow, that's gorgeous!" when they saw the glove-in-progress and each has requested a pair of their own. This is good because I was going to just get this pair underway and then stash it for vacation knitting on a trip in Feb., but since I can't seem to stop knitting them, I'll just go ahead with this pair knowing that I will have good reasons to make more!


More info about these gloves and other projects at my blog, Live and Let Learn!


Thanks for posting the pics of your beautiful gloves as inspiration and motivation.

No comments: